Friday, July 9, 2010

Washer Fun

I betcha thought this would be a post all about laundry..tee hee!  NOPE

A few weeks ago I saw a cute post about making washer necklaces using washers and a steel stamp set--at poppies at play.  Upon mentioning it to my husband he reminded me that he just happened to have a steel stamp set in the garage.  So...I dug thru his drawers and emerged with a few washers...
the post I saw mentioned hammering the washers so I began to bang away...at first I just put the washer on the back step and wacked it...but my husband brought me his anvil and that helped a lot.  The concrete banged washer looks a bit distressed (still cute tho), then the second one I did using the anvil and it looks a lot better, and the one I pictured I didn't bang on at all.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these! I bought the stamp set and can't wait to make them.

    Thanks for entering my giveaway and for linking to this great craft idea!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete