Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tangled themed party

My youngest's birthday is at the end of August and I thought it would be fun for her to be able to invite some of her friends from school to her party.  If I waited until after her birthday to have it then it would be crazy time for me schedule wise with school starting-since I'm a teacher.  So I decided to have the week after school got out for the summer.  She only wanted to invite six of her friends which was super fine with me.  Turns out that only two girls showed up. They also happened to be the two girls from our ward. Ha! Irony. Ah well they didn't notice and had a blast anyways. 

They had tons of little girl fun!  I came up with some pretty fun Tangled themed games. And even mildly original. I love the Internet!  I just did tools searches and Pinterest searches and found tons of ideas. I found some printable tangled crowns, so we printed those up on card stock and the girls used them as photo-props. 

We played hide and seek with Pascal. I printed out several Pascal pictures using clipart off of a Google search. The party girl helped me cut them out. Then the two older girls helped by hiding them outside in the backyard. 

We also had a pin the braid on Rapunzel. I made yarn braids (which each girl got to take home--possibly to use as a hair flower holder). All three of my daughters got to help out with this. Using my roll of newsprint, my oldest daughter traced my youngest daughter.  Middle girl blindfolded the girls with one if her scarves and spinned them into silliness. 

Plus middle child helped by being party pho-tog!

Plus the girls got to do a princess related craft or two. I LOVE the Dollar Tree!!  

Additionally,I found princess bubbles at the Dollar Tree that made a perfect time filler/take home!  

My sister got me a cake pop baker thing for my birthday, so I made cake pops instead of cupcakes. I realized that this option is sooo much better than cupcakes. Kids don't usually eat a whole cupcake anyways-well my kids don't.  

Youngest was waiting for party guests to arrive. Waiting is so hard when you're a little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment